TASS - Mark IV Bug

For some time I have been living with a bug in the Mark IV.

Sometimes it writes extra bytes into the memory.  For some
time I blamed Merle's memory desigh.  He designed a "fix" which
did nothing.  Finally I noticed that the but occurred only at
night.  A fine thing, a telescope system that works only in
daylight!

I have tracked the problem down to the EPROMS that program
the scanner.  Some sort of race condition.  I find I can make
it work without generating extra pulses, even at night, by
shining a light on the EPROM window.

The question for you, learned colleagues, is "does shining a
light on an EPROM increase or decrease the access time?"

Tom Droege