[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
TASS data reduction
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: TASS data reduction
- From: Chris Albertson <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 13:31:11 -0700
- Old-Return-Path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: Logicon RDA
- Resent-Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 16:32:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"ST7iHC.A.w_B.lWK_z"@kani.wwa.com>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
In a nutshell here is what I intend to do to process MkIII
images. With no camera here all i've done is studied HELP
files and tried to learn script writing. Here's the
1) extract stars list with DAOFIND. Produces very rough
photometry but good center locations even for blends.
DAOFIND uses convolution with the PSF followed by
thresholding then centrioding to make an object list.
2) Search the list for the "top 5%" model stars. These are
not saturated, near other stars, or blends.
3) build a PSF model using the above 35 ~ 50 stars as input
to the model builder. This produces a PSF model that
can vary with (x,y) that is good only for the current
frame. (I do think the PSF varies in ra. The VCO drifts
and seeing can change.)
4) Determine intsrumental mag for each star in the list
by fitting the local PSF at each star's x,y location.
The only new code I would need to write is #2. I think
that is not so hard to do. Just read in a list and out
put a subset of the lines based on some crieria.
Any dumb ideas here?
firstname.lastname@example.org Voice: 818-351-0089 X127
Logicon RDA, Pasadena California Fax: 818-351-0699