[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Any DBMS experts on the list?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Any DBMS experts on the list?
- From: email@example.com
- Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:46:49 -0700
- Old-Return-Path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:49:21 -0400
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"VyaBQD.A.FRF.rSiI2"@kani.wwa.com>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris asked about possibly changing from Postgres to another DBMS. I agree with Herb
that sticking with a public domain database is the way to go. The main reason in my
opinion is that we are going to be running this DBMS on several platforms. While
Chris may be using Linux, I intend to use DEC Alpha/Ultrix and someone else might use
Suns or HP workstations. Each flavor of Unix besides Linux requires $$.