[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Ahhh! The joys of production. I just hate fussing with parts orders and
such. They discontinued the servo motor I was using for a shutter. The
model airplane business does not seem to care much about dimensions. When
I call the catalog house they have no idea what the dimensions between the
mounting holes are. So I have had to just order one and measure it when it
gets here. On the third try, I found one that fit. So I ordered 10 more
to catch up the camera production. When these arrived, they did not fit.
It turns out, that they had previously sent me a part in a box that did not
belong to it. Sigh! So now I have to send those back and hope the next
batch is what I ordered.
Meanwhile I took 3 Gb of bad data last night. I came home from the opera
(Carmen in a new production at Lyric Oper of Chicago, just great!) and the
sky was clear so I tried to run. Being pretty tired, I did not do a check
run after setting the focus. Something has moved after changing out the
cameras, so I have good V data, but the I data is out of focus. Possibly I
will have better luck tonight.
The temperatures were quite solid on both channels. No more than a couple
of tenths of a C over the night. So either there is something wrong with
the N7 camera, or there was a loose connection that I fixed changing out
cameras. I observe that the cables and connections on TOM have been much
abused as I checked it out and made many changes. It needs to be
completely towrn down and rewired. I will do that when I move it to its
new dome home.
Mostly things keep working when I do not change something.