astrometry

The more I think about it, the less I think it is
the gnomic projection/off axis problem.  Certainly
that contributes, but Tom is pointed close to
the equator (less projection effect) and *all*
of the frames are taken with the same optical
configuration, offaxis or otherwise.  You should
be able to overlay residuals from all frames.
Something else must be going on.  Michael, could
you bring some examples to the AAS meeting and
find an hour for us to look at them together?
Arne