RE: Time for Software

I'll take a whack at the pipeline stages:

Stage                        Input                 Output

Camera Calibration           Photons               Dark Field, Flat Field
Image Acquisition            Photons               FITS Image
Star List Generation         FITS Image,           Star List (x,y)
                             Dark Field,
                             Flat Field
Registration to Catalog      Star List (x,y)       Star List (ra,dec)
Color Calibration            Star List (x,y)       Star List (ra,dec)
Insert to database           Star List (ra, dec)   Observations database

There may be other steps for calibration or post processing like FlatComp
for Mark III images.  Some steps may be combined as Star does with star list
generation and registration to catalog.  Some steps may be reversed such as
doing color calibration on the observations database as was done with the
tenx catalog.

I believe the relevant places to standardize are the same as for the Mark
III - FITS image, Star List (ra,dec), and database format.

Mike G.