RE: Time for Software

I'm going to toss an idea out and see if anyone cringes.  Does anyone have a
DSL/Cable computer connection which run Linux/PostGreSQL and is on all the
time?  If so, I believe I can write some software which would allow for a
secure central database server.  Or are we talking too much data from each
TASS site that those of us stuck in the modem age wouldn't be able to update
the central TASS database?  Pardon if this is an uninformed question, but
I'm uninformed :-).