Re: Few results from disk sets 17 and 18

Jure,

Thanks very much for the nice data.  I would be interested in a plot of
mean sigma vs magnitude.  It is hard to estimate this from the log scatter
plot.  I printed out a few stars.  There are three extra columns that are
not in your list.  An eight digit number followed by numbers similar to the
magnitude and the sigma.  What are these?

I notice that we have 40 -50 measurements for most stars.

You go to nearly mag 15 on the plot, this seems to be well down into the
noise for this data??

I can now see (with help from Arne Henden and Bohden Paczynski) how to take
data for better results in finding variables.  The plan is to follow a star
for as long as possible each evening.  This will get 30 or so measurements
spread out over 4 hours at the longest practical exposure.  We are working
to get TOM1 set up to do this.

Tom Droege