Gettin MIKE Working

I have spent the day making MIKE work.  MIKE did not want to work.  I am
trying to test the new proms which give the agreed on format.  Mike was not
working to start with.  In the process of testing I cycled a number of
boards through the system.  This is usually a recipe for
disaster.  Eventually I had to drag the oscilloscope out on the porch and
just look at every signal.  I found where there was a bad OR gate which
caused the scan to never stop.  This created the junk data that I have
mentioned in the past.  There seems to be the same problem on two boards so
I was chasing it as if it was a design race or logical problem.  This is a
great relief.

In the process of looking for the scanner problem I swapped in a bad ADC
board.  This had a similar bad data problem.  So I just searched all day
with the scope.  Sigh!  I know how to do all this but my old bones object
to jumping up and down and running back and forth to the porch checking
things.  I need a young assistant.  Preferably brunette with a good figure
to ease the pain in my bones.

Tom Droege