Re: dawn and twilight sky flats

Jure Skvarc wrote:

> Some very complicated devices are being discussed for the production of
> flats.  I wonder how many observatories use such things.

Astronomers don't because these devices need to be larger then
the telescope's diameter.  In some cases they need to be three
to four times the diameter.  So, if you own an 8 meter telescope
a 24 meter diameter sphere is to big.  With a four inch scope
size becomes manageable.

People who fly eletrooptic systems in space do use very complex
and expensive equipment to calibrate their systems.  A Mk IV
mor resembles a spacecraft system then a large observatory
telescope.