Re: Darks and Flats

Tom, your lightbox modification should work.  You didn't
indicate what your exposure times would be for 20K DN;
I hope they are a lot longer than the shutter open/close
times.  You might experiment and see what the shutter
error looks like, and what the minimum exposure would
be for, say, one percent gradient across the chip.  Light
boxes are useful for a wide variety of tests (linearity,
gain, readnoise, etc.) so I recommend having one for
any CCD system anyone might put together, whether or not
you use it for processing data frames.  I will be testing
a new camera tomorrow night and will use our flatfield
screen for a large number of experiments before the run is complete.
Arne