Re: A Little Project

Michael and all,

Well, I always like to draw someone new into my net.  ;^)  You are doing
enough unless no one else wants to do it.  Why not spend your time studying
variable star papers?  I am sure that with 26 sets of DS23 out there
someone else can do it.

To answer the question, I think as much data as possible within 80 columns
is good.  More than 80 tends to go off the end of the IBM card.  ;^)  Yes,
Michael, there was a day when computing was done with paper cards and they
had 80 columns unless you had Univac equipment then there were 90.  Many
things today still remember 80.  Thousands of years from now, archeologists
will have theories about why the number 80 was sacred to us.

Good, I guess I fixed that on the DS23 disk.  Did not fix it on the
computer I am presently using.  OK I know about code management, just don't
do it properly yet.  I will slowly get dragged into the 21st century.

Tom Droege