Re: GSC 00279 00321 paper

So if I get the coordinates of my comp stars and then find them in the
DS23 CD and get average TASS magnitudes and redo my photometry, that's
better? I think Dirk used a GSC star as his comp star, too. Can I just use
the same one comp star as Dirk and report the comp star as GSC whatever
and leave it at that? How much accuracy do we need in the differential
magnitudes when our goal is to say "this is a W UMa-type varible"?

What is the definitive source for photometric V-band magnitudes in general?

Cheers,
Michael