Re: GJD to HJD

> I do a lot of eclipsing binary photometry, and typically can calculate the
> time of minimum (ToM) for an eclipse to 0.0001 day = 9 seconds.  A few
> seconds of error in converting to HJD introduces a bias the calculation, but
> it is significantly smaller than that due to other errors (e.g.:
> uncertainties in the magnitude measurements).

   If one is supposed to pursue eclipsing cataclysmic variables, the accuracy
better than 1 sec is an absolute condition.  When we made HT Cas observations,
the estimated statistical error calculated from magnitude uncertainties
was only 0.3 s.  In such a case, the use of barycentric JD is abolutely
necessary.

Regards,
Taichi Kato