Re: GSC 00445-01993

Michael Koppelman wrote:

> On Friday, June 28, 2002, at 04:43  PM, Dirk Terrell wrote:
>
> > I agree. That does look a bit odd. I'd say keep observing and see if it
> > repeats. You might try a different camera orientation to try to
> > eliminate some possibilitie. Looks like another eclipser, a W UMa I'd
> > guess.
> >

> I'm pretty sure that if one gets started on this in the late twilight, we
> can catch the maximum. If I get out again tonight I'll have 3 nights of
> data with minima and we have the 1 night of TASS data with minimum. Do you
> guys think it is worthwhile to continue to observe this one?
>
> Cheers,
> Michael Koppelman

Well, I dunno about need for more data (more data _always_ needed in one
respect), but in respect to publication, with this object you are taking
a star out of the NSV and defining it fully as a variable, probably
leading to GCVS-hood in time.

I think getting stuff out of the NSV, whether by showing their true
variability or that they are constant, could be deemed useful work.

In which case, get at least two maxima, or possibly more.  Or at least
as much as possible such that an eventual folded light curve is as free
of gaps as possible.

Got a guesstimated period yet?

Cheers

John G.